Are You Using Your Credit Cards Responsibly?
It’s a long-held myth that credit cards are the source of all evil because they nurture the inner shopaholic and help us incur debt. However, used responsibly, credit cards can actually be very helpful.
Credit cards are convenient. They can be used practically anytime and anywhere. Also, many come with exclusive discounts and cash dollar rewards. The perks vary with the source.
Here’s how to know you’re okay:
- You can easily pay more than just the minimum payment each month.
- You don’t rely on your credit card for everyday purchases.
- You are using less than 30% of your credit limit.
- You never take out cash advances.
- You use it mostly for large, necessary expenses.
- You read all the fine print in every letter you receive from your credit card company.
Your Turn: In what ways do you use your credit card? Share with us in the comments!