Lauren’s Super Overcomplicated Ridiculous Money-Saving Grocery Tips
I try really hard to save money on groceries. I’ve been known to go to three, four or more different stores just to get what we need for the week. So much so, it’s entirely possible all these trips to different stores are costing me the difference in gas. And it drives my husband absolutely insane that we can only buy certain things at certain stores. But in case you ever wanted to know, here’s the method to my madness:
PS – To expand on my experience with Brandless – I tried it for the first time about a month ago, and bought everything in the picture above. I have to say, results were mixed:
- Spatula – By far the best thing I bought and GREAT quality for $3.
- Toothpaste & Mouthwash – It had the faint taste of Windex and grossed me out. Since the mouthwash is the same flavor, I still haven’t opened it.
- Facial Tissue – Not very soft.
- Peanut Butter – Average. Container was smaller than I expected so not the best deal money-wise.
- Lip Balm – Texture was WAY off and gritty for some reason. It was basically the same price as Chapstick brand, and not as good with less scent options. Disappointed.
- Foaming Hand Soap – The lavender scent is fantastic, and at $3 is more expensive than a bottle of Soft Soap, but still cheaper than Bath & Body Works unless you catch a sale. The quality of the fragrance is arguably better than both.
- Blueberry Flax Instant Oatmeal – A BIG win. Blueberry is my favorite flavor, and it’s hard to find a whole pack instead of one of those Quaker multipacks. My toddler LOVED it, and the nutritional value was better than Quaker.
- Apple Sauce Pouches – About on par with every other brand I’ve ever bought for my kid. And that’s pretty much all of them.
- Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner – Pleasant surprise. Still more expensive than Suave, but better for the environment. The conditioner left my hair very silky, but the shampoo didn’t suds up as well as I hoped. Must be all those good-for-the-environment ingredients. Still ended up in my guest bathroom, because I prefer the overpriced Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. But it’s hard to beat that stuff.
- EVOO – I have yet to use it because I still had a full bottle of Bertolli when I bought it, but the bottle is cool?