8 Ways To Save On Valentine’s Day
Having the perfect night out doesn’t mean you need to break the budget. Here are eight ideas for a thrifty Valentine’s Day date:
- Cook a romantic dinner at home instead of eating at an overpriced restaurant. Set the ambiance with some scented candles and soft music, and save a bundle!
- Make your own gift. Instead of buying something pricey, frame a nice picture of the two of you or write a meaningful card.
- If you are going out to eat, make sure to check Groupon and LivingSocial for deals on restaurants near you before making reservations. Many restaurants promote special fixed price, multi-course meals to Valentine’s Day Couples.
- Skip the wine bottle at the restaurant and pop the cork at home instead.
- Explore the great outdoors! Bundle up and take a refreshing walk under the stars. Then, go home and warm up in front of the fireplace with steaming mugs of hot chocolate.
- Create a scavenger hunt filled with riddles and clues your sweetheart must answer!
- Get cultured on a budget by taking advantage of area museum’s free or discounted rates at specific times or nights.
- Watch romantic movies! Share a bowl of popcorn and relive your early dating days.
Your Turn: How do you save on a date without compromising on the quality of the evening? Share your best tips with us in the comments!